PDA

View Full Version : Joel Castro Pereira

penk22_
26-02-2016, 02:41 AM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/%7E/media/CDCEBF9F95E3407B9B86024ABB33E26E.ashx?w=240&h=311&rgn=0,0,2640,3423

Joel Castro Pereira

Birthdate : 28 Jun 1996
Birthplace : Boudevilliers, Switzerland
Position : Goalkeeper
Joined United : 11 Jul 2012

Joel Castro Pereira joined the club in the summer of 2012 after a successful trial spell with the youth team.

The youngster has dual Swiss-Portuguese nationality after being born in Boudevilliers and playing for Neuchetal Xamax. A humble personality, he admits he had to pinch himself when he was eating in the canteen alongside Sir Alex Ferguson and a number of the first-team stars.

Pereira is a Portugal Under-17 international and made two appearances for United's Under-18s in 2012/2013 as he adapted to life in English football and awaited the required paperwork to be processed.

Highly rated by former goalkeeping coach Eric Steele, he kept goal in the 2013 Milk Cup final victory against Co Tyrone and continued to make progress throughout 2013/2014. Appearances in the UEFA Youth League enhanced his reputation and he even wore the captain's armband for the first time during the Academy term.

The imposing shot-stopper performed at Old Trafford in the 2-2 draw with Norwich City for Warren Joyce's Under-21s towards the end of the campaign and forced his way into the reckoning to be considered as Ben Amos' deputy at that level with Sam Johnstone out on loan.

As the 2014/15 campaign approached, he looked to be favourite to become no.1 at that level and competed in the pre-season friendlies. Coach Alan Fettis stated: "Joel developed well last season – he’s a good learner who picks things up very quickly. His English is now excellent. He wants to improve like all the goalkeepers do.

He’s competitive and often has penalty competitions with the other players with Nando’s as the prize! He has the character that he doesn’t want to be beaten. Joel has potential to be a top goalkeeper and is progressing well."

With plenty of competition between the posts, he managed nine outings for Joyce's side last season and kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford in a 4-0 thumping of Manchester City that, ultimately, proved enough to clinch the Under-21 Premier League title.

Although there are plenty of facets to his game that he will continue working on, he will be striving for further progress and proving his capabilities over the coming year. A loan move to Rochdale appeared a natural step in the early part of 2015/16 and, after initially returning to United, he agreed a deal until early January.

An outstanding debut against Morecambe in the Football League Trophy, when he saved a penalty, helped showcase his potential and he returned to United looking even more confident and commanding.

Joyce was delighted to be able to call upon Pereira again and told ManUtd.com: "He's a great personality and is also a decent keeper. He's a good kid and exactly how you want a Manchester United person to be. It's pleasing for him to come back and play."

Pereira was named on the senior team's bench for the first time for the second leg of the Europa League tie with Midtjylland at Old Trafford.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves/Joel-Castro-Pereira.aspx?HP

alfiandrmwn
31-05-2016, 07:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjpV734WYAEm15k.jpg

Penjaga gawang U21, Joel Pereira menjadi kiper terbaik dalam 2016 Toulon Tournament, setelah membantu negara nya, Portugal menjadi juara ketiga melalui adu penalti melawan Republik Ceko.

penk22_
01-09-2016, 11:07 PM
PEREIRA MOVES TO BELENENSES ON LOAN

Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Castro Pereira has agreed a loan move to Belenenses in the Reds' final piece of business on transfer deadline day.

The 20-year-old, who was part of Portugal's Olympic squad, is leaving Old Trafford for the second time on a temporary basis after representing Rochdale last term.

Pereira was on the bench for the first team's Europa League win over Midtjylland in February and deputised for James Weir as Under-21s captain when the young Reds clinched the title at Tottenham's White Hart Lane in May.

Ricardo Ribeiro left Belenenses in the summer and the Lisbon-based club's search for a new goalkeeper led them to pull off a late swoop for the United man.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/manchester-united-goalkeeper-joel-castro-pereira-joins-belenenses-in-portugal-on-loan.aspx

Andi Istiabudi
02-09-2016, 12:07 AM
Masih 20 tahun usianya...
Semoga dalam masa peminjamannya nanti, Joel Pastro Pereira memberikan kemampuan terbaiknya agar kelak saat kembali ke United dirinya mampu menjadi kiper pertama United. Siapa tahu yach... :)

alfiandrmwn
02-09-2016, 06:37 AM
good luck Joel :">

Andi Istiabudi
05-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Welcome back, Joel ! :D

http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/F3E1BB2ACB524F929E13E2420FCC62B7.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,53,2000,1178

PEREIRA RETURNS TO UNITED FROM LOAN SPELL

Manchester United have recalled Joel Castro Pereira from his loan spell at Belenenses in Portugal.

Jose Mourinho recently suggested the plan is for the 20-year-old to become the third-choice goalkeeper at Old Trafford for the rest of the season, while Sam Johnstone obtains some first-team football on loan with Aston Villa.

Pereira, who had a temporary spell with Rochdale last term, has been in excellent form for Belenenses during his 10 appearances for the club, keeping four clean sheets.

He was on the bench for United's Europa League victory over Midtjylland last season and will provide cover for David De Gea and Sergio Romero.

Pereira said on his deprtaure from Portugal: "I’d like to thank everyone at Belenenses who helped me to develop my game and become a better player.

"From the president to the coaches, all my teammates, I really appreciate the opportunity that was given to me. It was a great experience to be able to play for such a traditional club from the Portuguese league and be capable of helping the team to get good results.

"As I’m a Manchester United player, I need to do what my club asks and I’m anxious to return to Manchester and keep working hard with my team-mates."

Belenenses coach Quim Machado commented at a press conference: "It is not easy to lose the best players in a team like ours. We do not have the financial power of Benfica, Sporting and FC Porto. It's a shame for us. Joel took advantage of his opportunities. He has enormous potential."

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
18-01-2017, 10:02 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/72869DB9FC6A43CBA1C17F32EB526493.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,26,2000,1153

JOEL PEREIRA TAKING IT "STEP BY STEP"

Manchester United have a good record for producing goalkeepers and Joel Castro Pereira, newly returned to the club after a successful loan spell with Belenenses, can justifiably hope to achieve his goals here.

When you have arguably the world's best keeper in David De Gea and Argentina's no.1 Sergio Romero as deputy, there is no better place to learn your trade but there can still be lofty aspirations of fighting your way into the reckoning. As Pereira stresses, it is all about taking things "step by step" and he has certainly ticked all the boxes so far since arriving from Neuchatel Xamax in Switzerland in 2012.

From a star-struck kid watching the first-teamers in the canteen on his first visit to the Aon Training Complex, he has progressed into one of the most talked-about young goalkeepers in Europe. Jose Mourinho name-checked him at a recent press conference, explaining why the youngster was being recalled to become third choice, with Sam Johnstone departing to Aston Villa for the rest of the season.

Within a matter of days, the 20-year-old was on the bench for the second time (he was also a substitute against Midtjylland last season) as Romero performed in the FA Cup victory over Reading at Old Trafford. He may have enjoyed some action in the Reserves against Manchester City and Liverpool, keeping a clean sheet at Anfield, but is working closely with the senior squad and is thrilled to have that opportunity.

"Jose Mourinho is an incredible manager," Pereira tells ManUtd.com. "He's won everything and it is amazing to train under him. I've always loved him as a coach and also, of course, because he's Portuguese. He has done a lot for Portuguese football and I think that all of Portugal is proud of him.

"It's good to be considered a first-team player now and I'm training every day with the first team and in the changing room with them. I think it's very good for me and my development too.

"I get to work with world-class players as well. We have amazing strikers who are very good finishers so, of course, it is very good for me and I learn a lot every day."

Although born in Switzerland, Pereira is tipped to represent Portugal's senior side one day - he has already played in the Toulon trophy (winning the Goalkeeper of the Tournament award) and been part of the Olympic squad.

"It was the first time I've played in the Portuguese league," he says of his stint at Belenenses. "People only knew me from the international teams so I think it was important that people were talking well about me. People talk about you if you do well and I think it's just football. I just want everyone to have a good image of me as a football player and also as a person. That's it. It was very good experience, I was happy to be there and can only thank the club for what they've done for me."

Pereira can be pleased with his performances during his loan, as was the case during a previous stay away from United with Rochdale. He continues to improve and showed his capabilities against the biggest teams in the Portuguese top flight.

"United were always watching my games," he recounts. "The manager always had feedback from the staff about my performance. [The club's Head of Academy Goalkeeping] Alan Fettis would call me every week about the match at the weekend and ask how it went and how did I do. Everything like that.

"I loved it and it was very good experience for me. I learned a lot and played a lot of games. The club was fantastic - everyone was very nice to me and welcomed me so they were sad too when I left. We played against Benfica, Porto and Sporting [Lisbon] and it was good to play against these clubs in front of big crowds."

The keeper recalls two "special saves" against Benfica and Sporting and feels it was the right time to prove his worth in a top division. Fettis told us how competitive the youngster is, in an interview three years ago, and former Reserves coach Warren Joyce also highlighted the confidence of the shot-stopper. At the end of 2014, when tasked with the difficult task of identifying youngsters to look out for, I included Pereira on my list. Yet did the loan help strengthen that feeling he was ripe for senior football?

"In some ways," he replies. "I think everything in life you have to do step by step. I feel I'm ready for the next step and I'm thinking about now and training well. I want to train hard, prove myself in training and see how it goes. I think it's important to be confident on the pitch because then your team-mates can have confidence in the goalkeeper."

So does he have those ambitions of playing for United and Portugal's first teams? "These are my goals but now I'm just focused on training and doing well," he counters. "I must prove myself each day, going step by step.

"We will see what happens. I prefer to think about now rather than think too far ahead. It's step by step, like I said, and my focus is fully in training, to prove myself to the manager and show him that I have progressed in the last six months."

The evidence would suggest he has certainly matured, and continues to develop at the required rate. Joel Castro Pereira has already been a step away from a first-team appearance this month, in that FA Cup clash with Reading, and can rightly hope for the day he emulates his hero Edwin van der Sar by donning the gloves for the Reds.

www.manutd.com

penk22_
30-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Congratulations Joel, semalem dapat jatah debut dari Mourinho :-bd

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3XQTXRWMAAceBm.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3W23lZVcAEs5zi.jpg

zudomiriku
30-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Manchester United youngster Joel Pereira made his debut against Wigan... Why was Jose Mourinho so keen to give him a game?

* Jose Mourinho made a bizarre change late in his side's FA Cup win over Wigan
* With no injury concerns, the Manchester United boss swapped goalkeepers
* Academy graduate Joel Pereira, 20, was introduced for his first team debut
* Here is how the Swiss-born Portugal youth stopper came into the reckoning

Usually a Manchester United goalkeeper is only replaced if he is injured or 'having a Massimo Taibi', so Sergio Romero must have been perplexed when he saw his number go up.

Joel Pereira, a name probably not familiar to many, came on his place. Romero was not injured and United had not conceded a goal. It was one of those changes that raised eyebrows but as it had no impact on the course of the game was hardly quibbled.

Post-match Jose Mourinho offered such a simple explanation for the change as if it were an weekly occurrence. He said: '[Axel] Tuanzebe and Joel [Pereira], for them it was the first match and it's always a nice moment, for every player, it's always a moment that stays with them.'

https://s23.postimg.org/hmjkj9pcr/3CA22F4C00000578_0_image_a_39_1485720005110.jpg (https://postimage.org)[/url]
Joel Pereira made his Manchester United debut as a substitute against Wigan in the FA Cup

https://s23.postimg.org/70zp79j17/3CA22E3700000578_0_image_m_41_1485720015606.jpg (https://postimage.org/)[url=https://postimage.org/]
The 20-year-old keeper came on in place of Sergio Romero with just over 10 minutes to go

With 10 minutes left and the tie won there was no harm in the making the change. For a 20-year-old goalkeeper whose previous first team experience has come at Rochdale and Belenenses it was undoubtedly a nice moment to play at Old Trafford.

Without reading too much into a brief substitute appearance in a cup tie against lower-league opposition, his introduction perhaps speaks to Mourinho's faith in the young keeper.

The Swiss-born Portuguese youth international was recalled from his latest loan stint with Belenenses to act No 3 after the United boss sanctioned Sam Johnstone's own loan to Aston Villa.

The Old Trafford chief said at the time: 'We have a young goalkeeper in Joel [Pereira], a goalkeeper that played many minutes in the past six months in the Portuguese Premier League and now it's time for Sam [Johnstone] to play six months.'

Pereira is clearly trusted and why not? He has been with the club's academy since moving to Manchester four years ago from Swiss second-tier side Neuchatel Xamax.

After playing in the United age group sides the then 19-year-old got his first senior opportunity in a month-long loan spell at Rochdale in October 2015.

On debut Pereira was named man of the match and saved a penalty but could not prevent a 1-0 Johnstone's Paint Trophy defeat to Morecambe. Still, Dale boss Keith Hill was impressed enough to tip his young stopper to be a 'top, top goalkeeper' and described him as an 'exceptional talent'.

Mourinho clearly appreciates the work done by the staff at Carrington and declined to take take credit for Pereira's progression after the Wigan win.

'[It's] not my work, the work was made in the academy where the players were since they were really young kids,' said Mourinho.

'Also Joel was in Portugal where he played six months, so not my work at all, I was the guy who gave them the opportunity.'

In a recent interview with the United website Pereira spoke of his 'love' for Mourinho. But perhaps the most interesting takeaway from the piece was the youngster's confidence and desire to lean.

He said: 'It's good to be considered a first-team player now and I'm training every day with the first team and in the changing room with them. I think it's very good for me and my development too.

'I get to work with world-class players as well. We have amazing strikers who are very good finishers so, of course, it is very good for me and I learn a lot every day.'

Buying into Mourinho's methods is key to success under the manager not known to trusting youth. Whilst it is clear Pereira has a long way to go before thinking about replacing David de Gea, the man he replaced on Sunday might be starting to feel less secure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4169682/Manchester-United-s-new-keeper-Joel-Pereira-he.html

penk22_
30-01-2017, 10:38 PM
PEREIRA DELIGHTED TO MAKE UNITED DEBUT

Goalkeeper Joel Pereira was thrilled to make his Manchester United debut as a second-half substitute in Sunday's Emirates FA Cup fourth-round win over Wigan Athletic.

The Portuguese stopper made his senior Reds bow when he replaced Sergio Romero in the 80th minute of the 4-0 triumph.

The 20-year-old, who spent the first half of the season on loan at Belenenses in his homeland, enjoyed his brief taste of senior action but hopes it's just the start for him at United.

"Me and my family are very happy," a delighted Pereira told MUTV. "They were watching at home on the TV. I have already spoken to them on the phone; they congratulated me and we are all very happy.

"I want to thank the manager for the opportunity to play here at Old Trafford; it is very important to me.

"This is only a little part of my career. I want to play many more games for this club. It’s just step by step and I will keep focusing and training and see where that takes me."

Jose Mourinho had confirmed on Friday that Pereira would be on the bench against the Latics, but it’s rare to see a goalkeeping substitution and the youngster therefore wasn’t expecting to come on.

"When we scored the third goal, Mourinho just said 'go and get warm'," Pereira revealed. "So I just went and got ready. When you’re on the bench you always hope that you can come on, so I was delighted to get the opportunity."

Entering the fray with the score at 3-0 and the game all but over, Pereira was a little disappointed not to have had more to do, making just one routine save.

"Yes, of course I wanted to impress a little more but just to come on at Old Trafford was amazing in itself so, I can’t be unhappy," he added.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jan/Player-reaction-Joel-Pereira-delighted-to-make-manchester-united-debut.aspx

tumpal_oneunited
01-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Mantab...udah debut..
Umurnya Joel Castro Pereira masih sangat muda.
Karir masih panjang. Tetap semangat untuk bisa jadi No 1 di United, Pereira!

zudomiriku
10-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Manchester United open talks with Joel Pereira after Jose Mourinho hails potential of young goalkeeper

* Manchester United are looking to extend Joel Pereira's contract at Old Trafford
* The 20-year-old has impressed Jose Mourinho with his attitude and ability
* United to hold talks with Aston Villa about the prospective sale of Sam Johnstone

Manchester United are in discussions with goalkeeper Joel Pereira over a new contract.

The 20-year-old Portuguese has impressed Jose Mourinho with his attitude and his brief loan spell at Portuguese side Belenenses.

Pereira made his first-team debut as a second-half substitute in Manchester United's FA Cup victory over Wigan in January. That, however, remains his only senior appearance for the club to date.

https://s21.postimg.org/uknmefvaf/3_FF2_B82100000578-4490098-image-a-29_149436979383.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/vmxswze3n/)[/url][url=https://certificity.com] (https://postimage.io/)
Manchester United are in discussions with goalkeeper Joel Pereira over a new contract. Jose Mourinho hailed Pereira as one of the brightest talents in Portuguese football

Regardless, Mourinho recently stated that Pereira has the potential to be the best Portuguese goalkeeper of his generation.

'We have two fantastic goalkeepers,' Mourinho said. 'We have a third goalkeeper that I think will be the best Portuguese goalkeeper of the next generation so anyone in goal I trust completely.'

There are also scheduled talks with regards to another Manchester United goalkeeper, although it looks as though discussions will centre around a permanent exit rather than a contract extension.

United will hold talks with Aston Villa this week about the prospective sale of Sam Johnstone to the Championship club.

Villa are hoping to strike a deal for around £3.5million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4490098/Manchester-United-open-contract-talks-Joel-Pereira.html

fredrian.seven
14-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Selamat Joel! Dengan resminya Hull terdegradasi maka "dosa" Mou dengan menurunkan tim pelapis di EPL jadi tidak berpengaruh lagi. Crystal Palace sudah apa di EPL, jadi hasil apapun melawan United sudah tidak ada pengaruhnya lagi.

Semoga tampil gemilang. Mungkin aja dipertimbangkan jadi kiper nomor 2 United musim depan setelah Romero bila De Gea beneran pindah. #Eehhh (http://www.unitedindonesia.org/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Eehhh)

Andi Istiabudi
20-05-2017, 09:22 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/E2114ED60396499D8F80E2DDDA979FB2.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=0,276,2022,1416

JOEL PEREIRA READY TO FACE PALACE

Joel Pereira is poised to make his first senior start for Manchester United on Sunday and the young goalkeeper is determined to live up to his manager’s expectations.

Jose Mourinho plans to name the 20-year-old Portuguese stopper between the posts in a youthful side that will face Crystal Palace at Old Trafford in the final Premier League game of the season.

Pereira made his first-team debut as a substitute in January’s Emirates FA Cup win over Wigan Athletic and, earlier this month, Mourinho said he could be “the best Portuguese goalkeeper of the next generation”.

“They're nice words and now I need to prove that he’s right!” Pereira told ManUtd.com. “When one of the best managers in the world puts confidence like that in you, you can only feel good.

“I want to pay him back by training and performing well. I’m working hard every day and the next step is on Sunday, so let’s focus on that and we will see.

“It’s a big day coming up for the young players. As the manager said, some of us will get a chance and we’re looking forward to it. Hopefully we’ll get a good result, everybody will enjoy it and we’ll play well.”

Pereira, who joined United from Neuchatel Xamax in 2012, enjoyed a successful loan spell at Belenenses in his homeland during the first half of this season, before returning to Old Trafford in January when Sam Johnstone was loaned to Aston Villa.

“This season has been one of the best and most important for me, especially the first six months with the loan, which went very well,” the keeper continued. “I had some first-team football in the first division and that helped me a lot in my development – it was a very good experience. But coming back with the first team here was even better as I’ve been training every day with world-class players.”

Two of those world-class players are his fellow goalkeepers David De Gea and Sergio Romero, the no.1s for Spain and Argentina respectively.

Pereira added: “We enjoy working together a lot – they are two amazing goalkeepers and two great people as well; they’re good friends. Each day I learn something new from them.

“Anything I need, I know I can count on them and they will always try to help me and tell me what I can do to improve. We have a very good relationship and, when it’s the right time, we have fun as well.”

www.manutd.com

penk22_
09-07-2017, 02:17 AM
Congrats, semoga musim ini dapat kesempatan lebih banyak..

PEREIRA SIGNS NEW UNITED CONTRACT

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/99378D7DF11349DCBB1CA04FC4325B5E.ashx?w=1280&h=1280

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Joel Pereira has signed a new contract which will keep him at the club until June 2021, with the option to extend for a further year.

Pereira, 21, joined the club in July 2012 after a successful trial spell in the Academy. The Portuguese goalkeeper made his debut for the first team in January 2017, when he came off the bench to replace Sergio Romero, in the FA Cup fourth round match against Wigan Athletic at Old Trafford. He went on to make his full debut in the Premier League against Crystal Palace in May.

Joel Pereira said:

"I have been at United for a number of years now and since the first day here I have enjoyed every minute. Over the last season I feel I have made great progress as a goalkeeper and this will stand me in good stead for continuing my development as a Manchester United player. There have been many memorable moments for me at this club; however, making my debut for the first team at Old Trafford was unbelievable for me and my family. I want to thank the manager and his coaching team for the help and guidance they have given me and I look forward to playing a part in the squad for many years to come."

José Mourinho said:

"Joel progressed really well during the course of the last season through hard work and commitment every day in training. I know I have said this before but I really do believe, if he continues his development and continues to work hard, he really can become the best Portuguese goalkeeper of the next generation. Well done Joel."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jul/Portuguese-goalkeeper-joel-pereira-signs-new-contract-with-manchester-united.aspx

Zulfan
10-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Joel Pereira

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=5681&share_tid=6408&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eunitedindonesia%2Eorg%2Ffor um%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D6408&share_type=t

Kayakya ini postingan lama yg sama yg bang @penk22_ 🤔

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alfiandrmwn
10-07-2017, 07:11 AM
Semoga bisa jadi penerus seniornya :D

Andi Istiabudi
22-03-2018, 10:33 PM
http://www.manutd.com/sitecore/shell/~/media/BEE0AD6890F44074849787141D80D1DB.ashx?w=1280&h=720&rgn=226,133,1460,827

PEREIRA OUT TO PROVE MOURINHO RIGHT

Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira says he is determined to prove manager Jose Mourinho right when it comes to fulfilling his potential.

The boss clearly admires the youngster's talents, declaring last summer that the 21-year-old can become "the best Portuguese keeper of the next generation."

Although Pereira has made only one substitute appearance this season, in the Carabao Cup win over Burton Albion, he has been on the bench a total of 11 times in 2017/18. The opportunity to work alongside two international no.1s in Spain's David De Gea and Argentina's Sergio Romero is one that should not be understated.

Swiss-born prospect Pereira is in a 23-man squad for Portugal Under-21s' games against Liechtenstein and Switzerland during the international break. The latter fixture, a Euro 2019 qualifier, is being held in Neuchatel, where he started his career with Xamax.

"I'm very happy," Joel told ManUtd.com. "As the number three, I have two top goalkeepers in front of me, and they help me a lot too.

"They have lots of experience and they can help me with that. Obviously, I have a manager who has helped me so much and has always been by my side. I’m learning a lot so I am happy where I am.

"Obviously it’s very nice to hear good stuff coming from the manager. Now is my time to show people that he’s right about me and everything he says is actually the truth.

"I'm just learning and getting some experience. We’ll see what happens next."

Pereira, who joined the Reds in 2012, had a successful loan spell with Portuguese club Belenenses last season.

www.manutd.com

Andi Istiabudi
29-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Selamat ultah ke-22 yach Joel, semoga panjang umur dan makin sukses berkarir bersama United :)

http://i67.tinypic.com/33zfi15.jpg

Andi Istiabudi
29-06-2018, 07:12 AM
WHY UNITED'S ACADEMY WAS RIGHT FOR PEREIRA

It was 2012 when Joel Pereira decided to head to Manchester United and develop his burgeoning goalkeeping skills with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Tipped by many, including Jose Mourinho, to one day become a full international with Portugal, it was his form in Switzerland that led to his big break and the opportunity to learn at the Reds’ fabled Academy. The boy from Boudevilliers made his choice and has not looked back since.

Aged 21 (he has turned 22 today, Thursday), he spent the season working with David De Gea and Sergio Romero, being part of the first-team squad and coming off the bench in the League Cup win over Burton Albion. The contract he signed last summer indicates that he is seen as very much part of the future at United and the switch from Neuchetal Xamax has clearly paid off.

”It came about when I played a game with Switzerland [youth team] and I had a few scouts who came to my agent with offers from different clubs,” Pereira told ManUtd.com. “I think United are the team that stood out the most. My agent knew a bit about how the clubs works, and a bit about the Academy here and he just told me that, for myself and my development, United was the best Academy for young players. I just thought about my future and thought United would be the best next step for me.

”When I came here, I knew straight away that’s my place where I have to be. It felt immediately like home. The staff and players welcomed me very well and it felt good. It was a good challenge for me. The club helped me straight away. I knew in January that I was coming in June and, during this six months, they prepared everything very well. The family and the house, everything. When I came, I was already settled and could just focus on football – nothing else outside of football.”

Pereira lived in digs with his namesake Andreas, who became a close friend, even if they are not related as some people believe. Charni Ekangamene, a Belgian midfielder now with Beerschot Wilrijk in his homeland, was another housemate who ensured everything went smoothly.

“I don’t know if it was the club’s idea,” said the keeper. “I think, maybe, it was destiny and the best thing that could happen for both of us. We had a good relationship and, when you come to a different country at a young age, you need some good friends. It makes you feel more at home and not feel like you’re alone. We speak the same language too so it was a bit easier for me and I was also with another player, Charni Ekangamene, who speaks French. So I could speak that too and it was easier for me. I couldn’t speak a word of English so having people speak my own language made it easier.

“I had English lessons for the first two years with the teacher. It helped me a lot and United organised that very well. I also had school for the first two years and used to go twice a week with the other boys of my age group. It was good and I learned a lot. I couldn’t speak English at all and I would think, after two years, it’d be impossible for me to speak English but it came out pretty well.”

The Aon Training Complex might seem a daunting place for any youngster but the facilities are usually seen as a major plus for any new arrival when dealing with his new environment.

”When I first saw the training ground and everything you had there, I just thought: ‘Wow’,” he admitted. “It’s just a dream and you don’t need anything else apart from what you have at Carrington. You have everything you could imagine there. I think it’s the best environment and infrastructure for young people and everything you need, you’ve got at Carrington.

”Everything helps you. I’ve had, in the last five-and-a-half years, a lot of people helping me out – physios, sports science, people for the mind with mental work. I think, in football, you need those people around you because it’s a tough job. You need people to support you. It’s not just about playing football, there is a lot more beyond that. Goalkeepers definitely need to be tough mentally. That’s what people say. It’s tougher to be a keeper. You need a strong mentality. Well, I think I’ve got it.”

Joel Pereira may be enjoying his summer break right now but he’ll be back looking to put all this experience into practice in 2018/19.

www.manutd.com

zudomiriku
03-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira joins Vitoria Setubal on loan

* Goalkeeper Joel Pereira has joined Vitoria Setubal on loan for next season
* The 22-year-old took part in Man United's summer tour of the United States
* The stopper spent the 2016/17 season in Portugal with Belenenses
* He has made three appearances for United, having joined their academy in 2012

Goalkeeper Joel Pereira has joined Vitoria Setubal on loan from Manchester United.

The 22-year-old, who went on United's summer tour of the United States, spent the 2016/17 season in Portugal with Belenenses.

Announcing the deal, United said manager Jose Mourinho was a 'firm believer in Pereira's talents'.

https://s8.postimg.cc/sioqqd3ed/4_EA99_AE900000578-0-image-a-68_1533252628682.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Goalkeeper Joel Pereira has joined Vitoria Setubal on loan from Manchester United

https://s8.postimg.cc/ombeue5k5/4_EC83_BB000000578-0-image-a-82_1533252726218.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Pereira has made three appearances for United, having joined their academy in 2012.

United are also exploring the possibility of a deal for Barcelona centre-back Yerry Mina.

The 23-year-old Colombia international has been moved up United's list of options as Leicester's Harry Maguire and Toby Alderweireld of Tottenham are considered over-priced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6021525/Manchester-United-goalkeeper-Joel-Pereira-joins-Vitoria-Setubal-loan.html

zudomiriku
10-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Manchester United keeper Joel Pereira set to join Reading on loan after returning from Vitoria Setubal stint

* Joel Pereira is heading back to Manchester United after his Vitoria Setubal loan
* United want to loan the goalkeeper back out with a few clubs interested in him
* Championship outfit Reading lead the way to temporarily sign the 22-year-old

Reading lead the chase to sign Manchester United's highly-rated goalkeeper Joel Pereira on loan for the rest of the season.

On Wednesday, it was announced that Pereira is heading back to United after a loan spell at Portuguese side Vitoria Setubal.

The Red Devils are looking to let the 22-year-old leave on a temporary basis once again in order for him to gain experience.

https://i.postimg.cc/T1CsFCXL/8336078-6575441-image-a-40-1547080639788.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Joel Pereira is set to leave Manchester United on loan for Championship outfit Reading. Pereira is back at United after an indifferent loan spell at Portuguese side Vitoria Setubal

Pereira is wanted by a few clubs, with Reading leading the way, and United want him to gain some minutes under his belt after an indifferent spell with Vitoria.

The shot-stopper featured in nine games for the Primeira Liga outfit but didn't enjoy his time back in his homeland.

With United well stocked in the goalkeeper department it's best for him to go out on loan.

The Premier League side outfit have David de Gea, Sergio Romero and Lee Grant as their first-team options with Dean Henderson shining out on loan at Sheffield United.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6575441/Manchester-United-keeper-Joel-Pereira-set-join-Reading-loan.html

Andi Istiabudi
10-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Joel Parreira baru sebentar kembali dari masa peminjaman eeh langsung dipinjamkan lagi.
Yang sabar yach, hehehe... :D

zudomiriku
31-01-2019, 08:43 AM
Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira set to join Belgian first division side Kortrijk on loan

* Man United's Joel Pereira is joining Belgian first division side Kortrijk on loan
* The stopper spent the first half of the season out on loan at Vitoria de Setubal
* David de Gea, Lee Grant and Sergio Romero are blocking his path to No 1 shirt

Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira is joining Belgian first division side Kortrijk on loan.

The 22-year-old stopper spent the first half of the season out on loan at Vitoria de Setubal in the Portuguese top flight.

He has David de Gea, Lee Grant and Sergio Romero blocking his path to the No 1 shirt at Old Trafford and is therefore hoping to progress with regular first-team action in Belgium.

https://i.postimg.cc/wTv5cTPq/9201832-0-image-a-48-1548889902656.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira is joining Belgian first division side Kortrijk on loan

Pereira joined the Manchester club back in 2012 but has made just three senior appearances.

He has been loaned to Rochdale, Belenenses and Vitoria de Setubal during since entering the senior ranks.

Kortrijk sit 10th in the Beglian first division.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6650843/Manchester-United-goalkeeper-Joel-Pereira-set-join-Belgian-division-Kortrijk-loan.html

Andi Istiabudi
29-06-2019, 06:45 AM
Selamat ultah Joel, semoga panjang umur, sukses dan tetap semangat mengejar impian menjadi kiper utama United, hehehe.. :D

https://scontent.fcgk7-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/65227858_10156664901642746_3232151937520500736_n.j pg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_eui2=AeGNHnTRpNMSANFKqWKfKToO8mUtqPvZfGGiMzsGV f6lYKPXst0ofgAoW9UwP3EYGT03by12gzU53NIn3WivISH8Z-aTD3ptqzH-0L6j5OytNuboEqiv81SLtr_Bj5soVmg&_nc_oc=AQlfjlFYdg6gjxkF5gAjB3tus5mCheaJ2_TyxmByF-fGKkAaOmHA6UwLs7JnGcE6rK0&_nc_ht=scontent.fcgk7-2.fna&oh=2cf1647998df31584eebebf37519f79b&oe=5DB25D4F

zudomiriku
14-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Manchester United keeper Joel Pereira joins Hearts on season-long loan deal as he searches for first-team football

* Joel Pereira has sealed a loan to Scottish club Hearts from Manchester United
* Pereira made his United debut in FA Cup victory over Wigan in January 2017
* Pereira has been loaned to Rochdale, Belenenses, Vitoria Setubal and Kortrijk

Hearts have secured the signing of Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira on a season-long loan deal subject to international clearance.

It will be the 23-year-old's fifth temporary spell away from Old Trafford after time with Rochdale, Belenenses, Vitoria Setubal and Kortrijk.

The former Portugal Under-21 international has made three appearances for his parents club, making his debut in a 4-0 FA Cup win against Wigan Athletic at Old Trafford in 2017.

https://i.postimg.cc/VspCxgTK/17225172-7352287-Manchester-United-have-sent-Joel-Pereira-out-on.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Manchester United have sent Joel Pereira out on a season-long loan deal to Hearts. The 23-year-old has made three first-team appearances for Manchester United. The former Portugal Under-21 international spent time on loan at four clubs including Vitoria

Pereira was born in Switzerland and came through the ranks at Neuchatel Xamax before joining Manchester United's youth team in 2012.

He has 16 caps for Portugal Under-21s and was part of his country's squad at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro.

Across his four previous loan spells and five years at Old Trafford, Pereira has accumulated 36 senior appearances.

Pereira will compete for his place with Hearts' first-team stoppers Zdenek Zlamal and Colin Doyle.

Hearts also took Pereira's team-mate Demetri Mitchell on an 18-month loan which concluded at the end of last season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7352287/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-keeper-Joel-Pereira-joins-Hearts-season-long-loan-deal.html

Andi Istiabudi
16-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Sepertinya jalan menjadi kiper utama United bagi Joel Pereira cukup berat nih jika terus dipinjamkan sementara posisi De Gea di tim utama nyaris tidak tergoyahkan, bahkan kiper sekelas Romero yang sudah sering tampil membela negaranya di berbagai ajang kejuaraan internasional saja sulit menjadi kiper pertama. Mungkin Joel Pereira harus menunjukkan upaya lebih dan membuktikan kepada Ole bahwa dirinya layak mendapat kesempatan masuk tim utama, minimal menggeser posisi Lee Grant :D

zudomiriku
25-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Periera set to join Huddersfield on loan as Dean Henderson's return pushes him further down the pecking order

* Manchester United keeper Joel Pereira spent last season in Scotland with Hearts
* Now, he is closing in on a loan move to join Championship side Huddersfield
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is happy for Pereira to get more first-team experience

Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira is discussing a loan to Huddersfield Town with his first-team prospects dwindling after Dean Henderson's return to Old Trafford.

Pereira, now 24, spent last season on loan at Hearts in the Scottish Premier League and is facing another move away from Manchester in pursuit of first-team football.

And Championship side Huddersfield could make a swoop.

The Terriers are preparing for their first season under Carlos Corberan - a former coach in Marcelo Bielsa's setup at Leeds - after controversially sacking Danny Cowley near the end of the 2020-21 season.

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen for Pereira to get more first-team action under his belt.

At United, meanwhile, Solskjaer has a big decision to make over who will be his No 1 stopper for the upcoming campaign.

David De Gea endured an inconsistent season and is under pressure from Henderson, who flourished on loan at Sheffield United in his first taste of Premier League football.

https://i.postimg.cc/0j2K9QYP/32349512-0-image-a-58-1598334030144.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Joel Pereira is set to leave Manchester United on loan, with Huddersfield interested. The 24-year-old Swiss goalkeeper spent last season in Scotland, on loan at Hearts

After two years on loan at Bramall Lane, Henderson is now back with United and making a move to dislodge De Gea.

Manchester United begin their Premier League season on September 19 against Crystal Palace - Solskjaer's men have a longer break after reaching the Europa League semi-final.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8661091/Manchester-United-goalkeeper-Joel-Periera-set-join-Huddersfield-loan.html